Saturday 16 August 2008

All hail MA50NNA!

Madonna

I'm going to tell you a secret...

I wasn't a Madonna fan to begin with.

Yes, way back then I was aware of this chameleon-like entertainer who thrives on shock and awe: the iconic cone-bra definitely comes to mind. But it was all merely passing intrigue.

It wasn't until 'Frozen' came out did I finally took notice. The mystical, sweeping electronica strings in the track was hypnotic:I finally converted and never looked back ever since. Ray of Light became my first album of hers. I enjoyed all her subsequent offerings (even American Life!) and catched up on all of her past work, further convincing me on her talent and genius as one of the most influential entertainer of our time. She is forever on the cutting edge, often imitated but never duplicated.

So on this milestone of a day, I'm celebrating and honouring all of her insurmountable achievements thus far, and wishing her all the success for the future. All hail the Queen!

No comments: